Possible causes of getting an ear infection
- Food Allergies – This is the reason why you should always keep track of the food that you eat.
- Environmental Allergies – If it is not the food that you have eaten that is causing your ear infection, it may be the environment that you are currently exposed to.
- Genetics – If someone in your family has gotten an ear infection before, then you can be more prone to it too.
There are still other possible causes of getting an ear infection but it is important that you get to know the symptoms of having an infection so you can find the right remedies to do at the soonest possible time.
Some symptoms of ear infection that you have to watch out for are the following:
- Poor response to sounds because of difficulty in hearing
- Tugging at the ear area
- Fluid from the ear
Some of the symptoms are also the symptoms of other conditions so at the first sign of the symptoms that are mentioned above, it is best to consult your doctor immediately. If you are now curious to know what different remedies you can do in order to get rid of your ear infection, then continue reading below.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Ear Infection
- Garlic For Ear Infection
Do you realize that garlic has anti microbial properties that can be effective in getting rid of the pain associated with ear infection? At the same time, garlic can also help in getting rid of the bacteria that is causing the infection in the first place.
- You would need to create garlic oil with the use of a few cloves of garlic.
- Cook the cloves of garlic in sesame oil.
- Wait for the oil and the garlic to turn into a black or dark color.
- Wait for the oil to cool down.
- Place a few drops on the ear that is infected.
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Ear Infection
It is evident that ACV can be used for a wide variety of things. You may have used it for your skin and your hair but now, you can also use it in order to get rid of your current ear infection if your infection is caused by fungus.
- You would need to mix ACV with equal amount of water to dilute it properly.
- You can use a cotton ball to be soaked in the simple solution that you have created.
- Place the cotton ball on your ear and leave it in for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball.
- Lie down on the opposite side so that the solution will drain from your ear.
- Remember that you would need to ensure that your ear is thoroughly dry after.
- Olive Oil For Ear Infection
A lot of people know that olive oil can be great for cooking and for making various recipes but olive oil can be considered as one of the essential oils that can be good for the body. Olive oil can help get rid of the obstruction like stuck ear wax so that the infection can go away.
- You need to use olive oil that you have heated for a while.
- Once the oil’s heat has become bearable, you can place a few drops on your ear.
- You have to wait for the wax of the ear to soften a bit.
- Use q – tips in order to get rid of the wax. Make sure that you know how to properly clean your ear so you will not clog your ear further.
- Heat For Ear Infection
Do you know that applying some heat on the infected ear can be effective in getting rid of the pain brought about by the infection? At the same time, heat can be effective in melting ear wax that might be causing the infection in the ear.
- You can choose to use a heating pad or even a water bottle.
- Place on the affected area of the ear for about 5 minutes. Remember not to place it for long periods of time as this can damage the ear.
- Remove the heat for a while.
- Continue with the process of applying heat.
- Salt For Ear Infection
Are you searching for a home remedy that you can easily find at home? You know that you can never go wrong with using salt because this is something that you always need to have at home. Salt can be effective in getting rid of pain in your mouth and gums so why will it not be effective in getting rid of the pain in your ear?
- You need to use a cup of salt so that you can use it for your ear infection.
- Place the salt in a clean cloth.
- Use a rubber band to seal the salt inside the cloth.
- Place the warm salt on the part of your ear that aches.
- Continue placing it on the affected area for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- You may need to do this several times a day. Just remember to take breaks in between applying the heated salt on the ear.
- Cod Liver Oil For Ear Infection
Do you know that there are times when the lack of Vitamin A may be the main cause why the ear does not clear up as it should? Eventually, this can cause pain and discomfort. The use of Cod Liver Oil can make it effective in getting rid of the infection.
- Make sure that you will choose the right cod liver oil because there are different ones available.
- You can apply a couple of drops on the infected ear.
- Drain your ear after a few minutes in order to remove the excess oil from the ear.
- Elderberry Syrup For Ear Infection
The main reason why this can be effective in getting rid of ear infections is because it has anti inflammatory properties that can help get rid of the inflammation of the ear brought about by the infection. This also has anti viral properties so it can naturally strengthen the immune system.
- Prepare elderberry syrup.
- Put a few drops of it on the infected ear.
- Wait for a few minutes before turning over to the other side in order to let the excess fluids drain properly.
- Make sure that the ear is thoroughly dry afterwards.
- Onion For Ear Infection
You know that onions are often used in cooking different types of food but do you realize that this can also be used for certain medical conditions? This can be highly effective in getting rid of your ear infection if you would use it properly.
- It is best that you use a small onion so that you will not waste it.
- Put it in a microwave ready bowl so you can heat it in the microwave.
- After heating, allow it to cool down a bit.
- Strain the onion juice.
- Place a few drops of the onion juice on the infected ear.
- After a few minutes, turn your head to the other side so that you can drain the excess oil.
- Tea Tree Oil For Ear Infection
When it comes to home remedies, you know that tea tree oil is one of those that you can count on. It can be used for different things and you can definitely use it in order to get rid of the infection on your ear. This has anti bacterial properties that can help get rid of the bacteria that might be causing the ear infection. At the same time, this can help get rid of the pain you may be feeling because of the infection.
- You need to mix in tea tree oil with olive oil and apple cider vinegar in order to make it more effective.
- Make sure that the mixture is a bit warm but not too hot that you will burn your ear.
- Place a few drops of the mixture on the infected ear.
- Wait for about 5 minutes.
- Turn over to the other side so that you can get rid of the excess tea tree oil.
- Breast Milk For Ear Infection
Admittedly,this is not always available but if you have access to breast milk and you are suffering from an ear infection, you can use this. Breast milk contains anti bodies that can help get rid of the infection easily. At the same time, it can help get rid of swelling and pain brought about by the infection.
- You would need to get a certain amount of breast milk.
- Drop the breast milk on the infected ear with the use of a dropper.
- You would need to do this every hour for as long as you need to get relief from the pain.
There are a lot of home remedies you can try in order to get rid of your ear infection immediately but if in case you are still having trouble, it is best to consult your doctor so you will be given a prescription of the medications you can use to get rid of the infection at the soonest possible time.