The recipe below is a simple yet effected recipe using carrots and primarily cumin.
Try it. Being healthy is not that difficult.
Also, do not only stick to this recipe, mix it up and experiment with different vegetables, different herbs and even oils. It is amazing how you can turn 1 ingredient into an entire range of recipes.
- 1 pound baby carrots with fresh green tops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and fresh grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the tops off the carrots (you can use them in salads if you enjoy their flavor). Toss them on a baking sheet with the olive oil, lime juice and zest, agave, salt and spices.
- Roast about 20 minutes, depending on size, until the carrots are just tender and beginning ot color. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the green onions and mint before tossing together and serving.