There are some people who do not feel the condition immediately until such time when they cannot talk anymore. One of the best signs that you can watch out for if you have strep throat is you might see some spots on your throat. Sometimes, the spots may be up to three near each other. Once you see this, you know that you would have to schedule an appointment with your doctor at the soonest possible time.
You do not want this to happen to you so you need to follow these steps so that you can get rid of the condition immediately.
How to Get Rid of Strep Throat Fast and Naturally
Go to the Doctor and Drink Medications
You cannot be sure about what your condition is unless you go to the doctor. If you would not go to the doctor immediately, there is a chance that you will only drink medications for other diseases that will not target the main cause of your strep throat which is Streptococcus Pyogenes. Do remember that the doctor will probably prescribe medications that you have to take. Make sure that you will take those medications on time.
- The main reason why some medications will not work for Strep Throat is because Strep throat is caused by bacteria which mean that taking antibiotics is required to make the condition go away.
- If you are required to drink antibiotics, make sure that you will eat beforehand. Drinking antibiotics with an empty stomach might cause you to have some stomach discomfort.
- Antibiotics may affect the other medications that you may be required to take. Make sure that there are some medications that may not be that effective or may not have a good effect on the body if mixed.
No matter how many things you need to do, no matter how many tasks you have to finish, when you have strep throat, you have to rest because it is not a condition that will go away on its own. When you sleep, you are able to make your body recover faster and help the antibiotics that you are taking to have an effect and make you feel better.
- Even if you are not sick, you have to make sure that at least you are able to sleep about 5 – 8 hours a day. The number of hours that you need to sleep will depend on what your body is used to.
- If you are feeling cold because of your fever, make sure that you will use a blanket to cover yourself with. It might be a bit hard to develop a cold because of the condition. You might develop other conditions because of it.
Use A Saline Solution
If in case you are not familiar with what a saline solution is, this is a mixture of salt and water. Saline solution is used in a variety of conditions and strep throat is just one of them.
- Gargle with saline solution about 3x a day. This will help the throat recover a lot.
- Do remember not to swallow the saline solution because this may be bad for the body.
There are some adults who know that lozenges can give them immediate relief. This is the reason why taking in lozenges can make people feel relief even for a short period of time.
- Do remember that lozenges may not be taken by children because some children choke because of this.
- Taking lozenges one after the other is not recommended. When people eat too much lozenges, this might damage the throat.
There is a chance that you may be too weak to try going out of the bed. You still have to make sure that you would have to hydrate constantly. It will be nice to have some water or if you would want, you can also take some fruit juices. Just make sure not to take fruit juices that are too sweet because this can be bad for your throat.
- Unlike in other types of conditions, you know that strep throat is different because you can take ice cream in order to soothe your throat.
- Iced liquids may also help your throat a lot.
Make Use of Humidifiers
It will help if you could make use of humidifiers for you. Do remember that humidifiers can make it easy to breathe. Do remember that making use of humidifiers can add moisture to the air so this means that air can be easier to breathe.
- Do remember that if you do not have your own humidifier, you can create your own by boiling some water.
- Place the hot water on the bowl.
- Try to breathe in a bit of the steam. It will help clear up your clogged nose.
- Do remember that taking in too much humidified air may be a bit hard for the body as well because this will make people feel hot.
Honey is known to be one of the natural remedies that can be used against strep throat. Honey can help get rid of the bacteria that may be causing the strep throat. Constant use of honey can help a lot especially if it would be done twice a day.
- Prepare a tablespoon of raw honey.
- Add a few cloves of garlic.
- Place a small amount of cayenne pepper.
- Mix this together.
- Take about twice a day. You may do every hour depending on your current condition. Do not overdo it because it may be bad for your throat.
The main reason why Cayenne is very helpful against strep throat is because it can make sure that the circulation will become better. Since Cayenne is high in Vitamin C, this can help the immune system to become stronger and eventually fight off the strep throat infection caused by the bacteria.
- For every liquid that you are going to take, you can place a small amount of cayenne pepper.
- You can also place cayenne pepper on soups.
The things that are mentioned above are just some of the things that you can do in order to get rid of strep throat. Do remember that it may be a bit uncomfortable to have strep throat for a long period of time so you would have to seek the help of your doctor beforehand and continue with doing the home remedies as well as taking the right medications that can help you get better in no time.